Teamwork: We are a culture that rewards team progress over the individual.
“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.” Zig Ziglar
- In team sports, team play defeats raw talent if talent is not playing together. This applies in our environment too.
- When mistakes happen, blaming a person is not our priority. Figuring out what went wrong and how to improve our processes as a firm is the goal.
- While we all have our individual tasks and goals to accomplish within the firm, we do not allow an attitude of “that’s not my job.” We all assist as needed to get the job done.
- We refrain from saying what “I” accomplished and instead think in terms of what “We” have accomplished. “We” says that you are a part of something larger than yourself, whereas “I” can connote ego. We all put in the work and all enjoy the reward of doing a job well done.
Results: You can have results or excuses—not both.
- Our number one goal for the firm is client satisfaction. We must help potential clients to select the right service for their situation, even when it means not using our firm. We are doing a disservice to people in hard situations if we do not help them think through their options both within and out of the court process. This leads to better client satisfaction from our clients who hire us and better relationships overall with people and businesses in our community.
- While everyone is accountable for their assignments, we cannot allow a “that’s not my job” culture. We get the job done.
Integrity: It is easy to do the right thing when everyone is looking. We believe in doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- Open and honest communication with our clients and our TRIBE is required—especially when it is hard.
Balance: Personal, professional, and financial growth are all important.
- Personal growth comes before professional growth. We encourage continued education, new skill sets, and exploring new ways of thinking for each staff member. Being an active member of your community and balancing work/life priorities is highly valued at our firm. It is important to understand your personal motivations for being at work. This could be your family, your hobby, or anything special to you.
- Professional growth means contributing something of value to the tribe and the development of our firm, not just doing the bare minimum of tasks.
- Financial growth both for our staff and our firm comes from working smarter, taking advantage of technology, and doing what is needed to get the job done.
- We know how to have fun in our jobs when it is appropriate.
Excellence: We strive for quality and professionalism in everything that we do.
- Our reputation with our clients, community and other legal professionals is of the utmost importance to us. We have one chance to make a first impression, so we err on the side of being professional.
- Be professional when the situation calls for it, and casual in the right circumstances.
- Our goal is to establish and live up to a reputation that we focus on our people and systems rather than profit.